Thursday, July 19, 2007

Random thoughts on the last day of the quarter

Another quarter and another academic year rolls off the calendar. Random thoughts on the end of the 2006-07 school year.

1. The good news: a month of relative freedom from scheduled events. The bad news: grading awaits, and I can't really relax until it's done.

2. It's been a year since I last taught Property. I miss having the first years and knowing most of the students in the building, but . . .

3. I really, really love the courses I teach now. I still have work to do to improve them, but I've enjoyed teaching the upper quarter students immensely.

4. I have a bunch of stuff to get done, both at work and around the house.

5. I never cease to be amazed at the students who finish PC, take their finals, and take the bar exam, all in the space of about two weeks.

6. After about three weeks, I'll be ready to get back to the classroom.

7. All in all, it's been a pretty darn good year. The Client Counseling team; the John Lewis visit; the People's Law School, patient students. I can't complain.

8. I have a great job.

2 comments:

Mark Osler said...

It is a great job, isn't it?

Ginger Hunter said...

Yay! This has been a great year, and meeting Congressman Lewis was my favorite part (well, maybe graduation and Client Counseling come in a close second).

Thanks for making 2007 at Baylor awesome!