Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Eight days and counting . . .

I'm not obsessed or anything, but eight days until the new season of Project Runway starts. That explains my excitement about meeting Emanuel, who was that close to being a contestant on this season of PR. Here's the story.

When BoilerMom (also a Purdue alum) visits from the land of the Boilermakers (a place that seems to fascinate and confound the Adjunct), she always insists on making a pilgramage to Richard Brooks Couture Fabrics in Dallas. So, like a dutiful daughter, I drove her up last week.

We were there a long time, giving me plenty of time to chat with the young man who was helping BoilerMom. When he indicated that he was a designer, of course I asked if he was a PR fan. He told me he tried out for the show, and even made it to the final round. I might have been a little dubious about his claim until he admitted that he hopes he didn't make the audition tape because if he did, it will be because he embarrassed himself. He explained that he accidentally stood in the wrong place, which caused Tim Gunn to scowl at him, and then his clothes fell off the rack, and that was pretty much all for his tryout.

Now I have yet another reason to look forward to next Wednesday.

4 comments:

TheAdjunct said...

Ha! I have been tweaking at you for weeks, and you have always taken the high road. Now, I assume, the gloves are off :)

Ginger Hunter said...

Love PR! M Kors is my favorite judge, but Heidi gets points for dueting on hubby Seal's new album...I can't wait.

Wilson said...

To the adjunct: Of course I'll take the high road. While I would never stoop so low, just remember, when someone from Hoosierland says "up yours" they might really mean it!

To Ginger: Can Heidi sing? Or is she just another pretty face, with great clothes?

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for PR either...just 2 more days....