Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Do I smell a scandal?

I saw this story a few days ago and thought, "What an odd coincidence." A judge and a state representative both raise questions about the South Carolina bar exam, and bam! Their respective daughters who had flunked the bar exam are the beneficiaries of a grading change that dropped the trust and estates question. Consequently, both women pass.



There's nothing to suggest that there was improper influence by the state representative or the judge. The applicants were precluded from contacting bar examiners themselves, so it helps to have friends in high places that can make the call for you. Thanks, Dad.



Then this story appears today. Wonder if something's up.

4 comments:

TheAdjunct said...

If I were daddy, I get someone else to do my will, and pronto...

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?? That's ridiculous.

Ginger Hunter said...

Those darn South Carolinans, first they block Colbert's bid for prez and now these shennanigans.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to South Carolina...it's our good ol' boy system hard at work again. Hate to say it, but this whole "I passed the bar exam because of who my daddy is" thing isn't a bit surprising. Just another example of how corrupt (for lack of a better word) my home state can be.