Monday, June 18, 2007

Thanks to Osler

Thanks to my friend, Mark, for the plug and the kind comments, although I'm a little concerned that the sketch may make me too identifiable.

I was initially wary of personal blogs because the concept struck me as narcissistic, but I was wrong. Blogs like Osler's and many others prove that they don't have to be so, and indeed, can go a long way in building community among interesting and diverse people who might not otherwise cross paths.

Whether my comments and observations are interesting, humorous, ordinary, or just plain stupid, at least I can say that I've been published recently. Along with my healthy appetite, aptly mentioned by my friend and former student, Ginger Hunter, I'll have one more thing to add to my resume should I ever need to dust it off!

5 comments:

Ginger Hunter said...

I think it is a great idea, it increases understanding and makes professors more approachable. But speaking of appetite, we finally took my step-dad to Fogo de Chao for Father's day. He said that it was all he "had dreamed it would be".

Poseur said...

Blogs are a dumb idea. Me and Swanburg are living proof.

Welcome to the BLS blogging circle. We'll teach the secret handshake next week.

Wilson said...

There's a secret handshake? I have to wait until next week?

Thanks Ginger. Now I'm craving Fogo. Glad your stepdad enjoyed it.

OsoDelSol said...

Handshake? I missed that day....

Anonymous said...

Love the shout out to Ginger...she was very excited to see that you've decided to blog...I got a phone call in the middle of my very intensive bar studying just to tell me about it :-)