Thursday, June 21, 2007

K1 goes to camp

K1 is now safely ensconced in her home away from home for the rest of the summer. Serving as a gymnastics coach and counselor at a recreational camp should be a great experience for her, even if it does mean getting up every morning by 7 am. She had fun going to sleep-away camp, and I guess this is a way to sort of re-live some of that. What a great opportunity for her. Many of the counselors are from around the world, and the camp sounds like a kid's wonderland, in a part of the country that she's never been before. I think she'll do wonderfully, and she's already got great stories to tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to whiskeypalian camp when I was 7 or so. For reasons that pass all understanding, I had an irrational fear of something. My camp counselor, Eric, talked me out of it. I'll never forget the impact that young adult made in my life.