Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kids say the darndest things

A lesson learned the hard way by K1. As we pulled into a parking space, we observed a mother and baby seated on a bench outside the restaurant. K1 commented, "That baby has a big head!" I noted that all babies have big heads, as I alighted the car, thinking the discussion had ended. I engaged in polite chit-chat with the mom about her baby, as K1 and K4 were getting out of the car. As soon as K4 got within earshot of the mom, he practically shouted, "Her got a big head!" If we were cartoon people, this would be the part where two of us turned an unnatural shade of red. I'm not sure if the mom understood what K4 said--I hope not. But, I think we learned our lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Later during the meal this same K4 said the darnest thing. At the restaurant, we ran into my mother's coworker and his family. He stopped to chat with us for a few moments while his wife and their childen went out to the car. K4 realizing that his family had left ahead of him said to him, "your mom is gonna leave you!" Although my mom's coworker may have missed this comment, we certainly chuckled about it. Gotta love 'em!

Mark Osler said...

K4 has told me many interesting things about myself.

And they are all true...