Thursday, September 13, 2007

Surreptitiously cussing?


I think my little darling, K4, was trying to cuss and get K2 in trouble, all in one fell swoop! The following exchange occurred between him and me:


Me: Go tell K2 dinner is ready
K4: ok.
K4 returns.
Me: What did K2 say?
K4: He said, "dammit."
Me: He said what?!?! (with alarm)
K4: He said, "dammit."
Me: I'm going to go ask him.
K4: No Mommy!! Don't talk to him! (with a bit of panic in his voice)
Me: Yeah, I'm going to go talk to K2, and you come with me.

Me: K2, did you say "dammit?"
K2: Huh? No. I said, "close the door."
Me: K4? (actually using his full name).
K4: [the tears start to flow]

Busted!
My sweet little boy, trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

3 comments:

Mark Osler said...

That's an excellent illustrative graphic!

Wilson said...

Thank you

OsoDelSol said...

I giggled out loud.