Sunday, September 9, 2007

Serving McDonald's food could get you jail time


Who knew that you could end up in jail for serving a salty hamburger? Kendra Bull, a McDonald's employee, found out the hard way: don't screw up on the job. When I first heard the story on the radio, I thought it was another case of someone spiking the cop's food with something illegal, like pot, or disgusting, like a loogie, both of which have happened in the past. But Kendra's explanation that she accidentally spilled salt on the meat and tried to clean it off sounds reasonable. On the other hand, the cop sounds like he's power tripping. Sending the meat to the state crime lab for testing? Gimme a break.

This article recounts the whole salty tale. What really got me was the the explanation for the charge against Kendra. According to the Union City public information officer, Kendra was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

Considering McDonald's menu, the Union City police should just go ahead and arrest all the McDonald's employees now. Take a bite out of crime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a former waitress and now law student - I have to say that in my many years of waiting on people I hated wating on police in uniform the most.

They are paranoid and to be honest - I can't blame them. But this is just a little crazy - once they found out it was just salt they should have let it go.

I did wait on two state troopers that had given me a ticket the week before. Once they realized they had stopped and given me a ticket - they were noticebly nicer to me and a little wary of their food. It was great.