Saturday, September 15, 2007

presidential candidate spouses, part 2




In the Sept 15 entry found at this site, Mitt Romney states that his wife is prettier than Bill Clinton. Well, duh!! Of course Ann Romney is prettier than Bill Clinton, and I certainly expect Mitt to be the one to say so. Every good husband knows the "right" answer to certain questions:


Does this make me look fat? (No.)



Do you think I've lost weight? (At least 10 pounds (or whatever number is 10 pounds more than reality.))


How do I look in this? (Fabulous.)

Do you think I should buy this? (Yes, dear; if you want it, you should have it.)
So while Mitt might not have been asked directly whether he thinks Bill or Ann is prettier, his statement strikes me as little more than a preemptive strike, an obvious answer, given by a good husband.

If he really wanted to create a stir, Mitt would say, "My wife is prettier than Bill, but not as pretty as Jeri Thompson, Fred's wife." Now that would be newsworthy.

1 comment:

Ginger Hunter said...

The first time I saw Jeri I thought that she was Fred's daughter...oops! But seriously, she does look great for 41 and he's fiesty, I'll give him that.