Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Would you marry this woman?


Would you hire this woman? Would you marry her? Elana Elbogen Glatt is a New York lawyer who is suing her florist for $400,000! Why? Because the hydrangea centerpieces for her wedding reception were pastel pink and green and not the dark rust and green she claims to have been promised by the florist, as reported here. To be fair, she also complained the some of the flowers were brown, the vases were dusty, the the vases weren't all filled with water and various other complaints. Either way, $400,000 for flowers that cost $27,000 seems a tad excessive, even in a pleading. It was a lovely wedding, except for the clash between the color of the flowers and the linens, favor boxes, etc.


I'm all for holding sellers liable when their goods are sub-standard. Refunding some part of the purchase price seems fair. But would a florist, based on a picture shown him by a customer, really promise flowers of a certain color? How much injury did she really suffer from the lack of perfect flowers?
Did no one tell Glatt that there is no such thing as a perfect wedding? Get over it already! I bet her firm, Kelly, Drye, is loving all of the free publicity.
But there is some good news to this story: proof that the groom's mother and wife really can get along.

2 comments:

TheAdjunct said...

Were I the groom, I would be very worried about the first time I did the laundry. There are a LOT of innocent laundry mistakes...this bride might not be as forgiving as my own.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd marry the woman...but I'd hit it.