Sunday, January 13, 2008

Time to hang up the cleats for another year . . .

So the Cowboys lost today. I'm sort of sad, but I also kind of don't care. Despite the 'boys having one of the best seasons in recent years, the whole NFL Channel controversy has cooled my passion for professional football overall, and that includes the Cowboys.

The Cowboys will always be my favorite team--I don't see that changing ever. And I'll always root against the Packers. But despite the various claims flying between the cable companies and the NFL owners, no one cares more about me, the common fan, than they care about squeezing every last dime out of the business. So, I don't care.

I'll watch the Superbowl. I may even care about the outcome, but not much.

2 comments:

Jeremy Masten said...

The whole thing reminds me of the baseball strike of 1994. Even though baseball has always been my favorite sport, I didn't pay attention to baseball again for 13 years.

Anonymous said...

This one broke my heart...at least T.O. has seemed to grasp the team concept. With two first rounders this year, the sky just might be the limit!!!