Monday, December 22, 2008

Everything old is new again??

When I was a schoolgirl, I was such a geek! Yeah, I liked to climb trees, ride my bike, and play, "the boogey man's gonna get you" with my friends, but in my mind, there was little better than a day off from school and morning filled with game shows. Back in the day, the game shows would start at 9:00 and last until about noon when the soaps would start. Split Second, The Joker's Wild, The Price is Right, The $10,000 Pyramid (before inflation made it The $100,000 Pyramid) and of course, Password.

Good stuff, so I was pretty excited when I saw the promos for the new Million Dollar Password. I had to watch! Was it what I expected?? Well, yes and no. The rules are basically the same, although the new format makes the game move lots faster. There's still the risk of a lame celebrity losing the game for the contestant. But. . . what happened to the guy who used to say in the deep whisper, "The password is 'cantankerous' or whatever the word was. It made the password really seem like a true secret because you knew something that no one in the studio knew except AllenLudden.

I guess with the top payoff being $1 million, there just wasn't enough money to hire that guy.

No comments: