Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kissing Cousins

BB4: Mommy, I have something to whisper in your ear!
Me: It's not polite to whisper when other people are around. You can tell me later if you want.
[BB4 wiggles, and is clearly about to burst with his "secret."]

BB4: Mommy, please can I whisper a secret in your ear?
Me: You can tell me later.
[BB4 becomes more anxious. He's just gotta tell!]

BB4: (stage whisper): Mommy, I kissed Boiler Cousin TD! [pause for effect] On the lips!
Me: Oh?
BB4: Yeah! Two times!
Me: Wow!
BB4: Tell Daddy!

They say you never forget your first kiss. I don't know if that will hold true for BoilerBaby4, but we'll never forget it. The details? The date: June 6, 2009 (so I'm a little late in memorializing it). The place: our sunroom. The kissing buddy: First Cousin TD.

With all of the fam, including the cousins, in for BoilerBaby 2's HS graduation, there was much activity in the house. It struck no one as particularly odd that the 5 year old cousins were playing well together in the sun room--they were born only weeks apart and get along quite well, notwithstanding that they see each other only a few times a year at best.

Oh what a night. BoilerBaby 4 went from wanting to whisper his secret to encouraging me to share his news with his father and everyone else, for that matter. He was quite thrilled and dare I say, proud, of his feat. It was all very sweet, and of course, leaves me with a story to trot out for BoilerBaby 4's graudation!

No comments: