Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I was a Christmas sous chef

Today was a great day. Being with the fam was lovely. I think everyone was happy with their gifts, and that includes me.

\And dinner was wonderful, cooked mostly by BoilerBaby1. That waasn't the plan--it just worked out that way. She normally helps with holiday cooking, and that was the plan. I just suggested that we switch off on cooking so that she would cook some of the things I usually cook and vice versa. I was tired and distracted, and fretting because I thought I flubbed the dinner rolls. I think she was a tad frustrated that I seemed to be operating in slow motion and was overly-concerned about the dinner rolls. So she sort of took over. She's that kind of kid. So, at her direction, I boiled and peeled the yams; she did the rest. I seasoned the salmon; she did the rest. And so it went with most of the meal. And it was good--really good.

I like this division of labor. I think I might be tired and distracted at Easter too.

1 comment:

Ginger Hunter said...

Ha, have a happy new year as well, Professor!